When it comes to sleeping, your Pillow is one of the essential accessories you can have. There is some evidence that headaches and migraines are linked to wrong pillow choices. Choosing the right Pillow, however, does not come easy. If you do not determine which Pillow will best suit your needs properly, it may be a complex decision-making process.
Here are some of the essential points that you must consider while choosing the right pillow type
- The Size of the Head and Neck
The first consideration in choosing the right Pillow is the size of the head and neck. Of course, everyone’s head and neck sizes are different, which means that choosing the right Pillow to help you get the right fit can be a little tricky. When measuring for your Pillow, it is essential to take into account the width of the neck. Measure from the existing base of the neck to the tip of the head, including the front of the ear. Also, measure across the top of the head, just below the ears, at the point where your hair starts to curve.
- The Firmness of the Pillow
Another factor that you would need to consider when figuring out how to choose the right Pillow to assist you in getting the best sleep is the firmness or softness of the Pillow. Each pillows’ density affects how it cushions your body. A medium-firm pillow is more supportive and less stimulating for the body. On the other hand, a soft pillow can make you feel more comfortable.
- Pillow Shapes
Next, consider the firmness or softness of the Pillow as a whole. Some pillows are made of one or two pieces. Some are shaped like a heart, and others come in a variety of shapes. Consider what’s most comfortable for your sleeping position – a more flexible pillow can help you sleep on basically your side or stomach, but it may not be the best choice for you if you have back problems or if you sleep on your back because of its thickness.
- Head Support
Head Support is another factor to consider when you want to know how to choose the right Pillow to help you get the sleep you need. Many people find that using extra pillows to prop their heads up makes their sleep more comfortable. There are pillows designed for your head and body to encourage proper head support. Some even come with cup holders to keep your beverage between your chin and your head so that it’s not too uncomfortable. If you’re concerned about your sleep being affected by a heavy pillow, you may want to look at the extra comfort you receive from memory foam or latex pillow.
- The Toughness of the Bed
Next on your list when learning how to choose the right Pillow to help you get the sleep you need is to consider the temperature of your Bed. If you sleep on a hard surface, such as a hard mattress, you should invest in a down pillow. This will actually provide better support for your neck and head, keeping them properly aligned while you sleep. If you sleep on a softer surface such as a foam or air mattress, then you should stay away from pillows made of latex. These types are too dense to provide adequate support for your head, and they also can cause neck or back pain during the night.
Apart from choosing the toughness of the Bed, you must also seek a bed that fits a couple or a single individual for sleeping comfortably. You can always choose a double bed in the process. “Double Bed ” basically refers to a bed that can fit two people in layman’s terms. They are generally 54 inches wide and 75 inches long and are 15 inches longer than a single bed.
- Right Pillow Type
Depending on what’s right for you, you can choose between foam pillows, down pillows, memory foam pillows, cotton pillows, wedge pillows, or any combination of these options. Finding the right Pillow isn’t always easy, so it’s essential to consider your personal preferences and sleep habits before making your final decision. You might actually also want to invest in a few of each to find the perfect combination for your needs. If you are basically a back sleeper, purchasing a down-filled pillow would be a smart move, especially if it is hypoallergenic and made of natural materials. On the other hand, if your main goal is to promote better neck and head health, a memory foam pillow would be the way to go.
Here are some of the types of Pillow that you would need to consider while choosing the right pillow type.
- Natural Latex Pillows: These pillows are created from 100% natural latex or rubber tree sap. They come in a variety of thicknesses to match your Bed and body size. They offer many benefits, such as softness, durability, convenience, hypoallergenic features, and of course, the ability to adjust the firmness to your needs throughout the night. Most latex pillows conform to or contour your head, neck, back, or shoulder, giving a custom and comfortable fit for the ultimate in support.
- Memory Foam Pillows: A memory foam pillow is another favorite among people looking for something a little softer. Memory foam is known for its unique ability to mold to the shape of your head and body. Because of this, they contour around each curve of the head to provide the most comfort. They are great at relieving pressure points while you sleep. Their weight is less than most other pillows, making them excellent at reducing pressure.
- Down Pillows: These pillows are shaped like a down pillow designed to aid those who sleep on their backs. They allow the sleeper to prop up their head with extra support while they are sleeping. While they don’t give a lot of support to the sleeper, they promote better blood circulation and reduce stiff necks. Many people rave about how comfortable and restful they are, making them some of the more popular options.
Apart from various pillow types, there are various pillow sizes that you would need to consider before choosing the right pillow type.
|Pillow size||Measurement (Inches)||Measurement (CM)|
|Standard||20 inches by 26 inches||51 CM by 56 CM|
|Queen||20 inches by 30 inches||51 CM by 76 CM|
|King||20 inches by 36 inches||51 CM by 92 CM|
|Body||20 inches by 54 inches||51 CM by 137 CM|
In addition to looking for the proper support, it’s also essential to look for the right price. When learning about how to choose the right Pillow to help you get the sleep you need, it’s often helpful to look for the best deal possible. When you factor in the cost of buying a pillow each day, you may quickly realize that you could actually save yourself quite a bit of money by shopping online. Not only do you not have to travel to different stores to find the best prices, but you also don’t have to worry about carrying all of those pillows around. By shopping online, you might actually find the perfect Pillow for any occasion and take advantage of special discounts to reduce costs.