Many users are gradually migrating to Microsoft Outlook as their primary email client, owing to the fact that it has more features than many of its competitors. If you’re switching from another email client to Microsoft Outlook, such as Entourage, Thunderbird, Mozilla Firefox, Eudora, or another, you’ll want to bring all of your emails with you. You’ll need to export Thunderbird MBOX to PST because Outlook uses PST as its primary file format for emails and does not support MBOX.
In this blog, we’ll discuss how to convert MBOX to PST using Finest software MBOX to PST Converter and make the switch from your old email client to Outlook as painless as possible.
Why Should You Convert MBOX To PST?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to convert MBOX to PST:
- MS Outlook is more feature-rich and cost-effective.
- Locked files are a common problem for MBOX users.
- To access email or any other data in a PST file, you don’t need internet access.
- A better chance of avoiding spam.
- In comparison to MBOX, PST can save emails, contacts, journals, calendars, and other data.
- PST files are more secure than MBOX files.
- Outlook supports more languages than many of its competitors. Outlook, for example, supports 96 languages, compared to Mozilla Thunderbird’s 53.
What Is the Best Way to Export Thunderbird MBOX to PST?
As previously stated, the MBOX file format has limitations, and it is preferable to convert them to PST format. To demonstrate this, consider the following three email clients and how they can convert MBOX to PST. Stay tuned until the end because we’ll show you how to convert MBOX to PST using an MBOX converter in the simplest way possible.
On the Windows Operating System
If you don’t want to install an MBOX converter, here are the steps you’ll most likely need to take to make your existing mailbox (MBOX) Outlook (PST) compatible:
MBOX files can be exported to EML format.
- Make a list of all the messages you want to export. By pressing Ctrl + A, you can do so.
- Right-click these selected items and select Save As > EML files from the menu.
- Click the Save button after selecting the location where you want to save these EML files.
EML Files To Live Mail Import (Windows)
- Open Live on your Windows computer (laptop or computer). You have the option of creating a new folder or transferring data from an existing one.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you saved the EML files previously.
- Drag and drop the EML files you want to export to PST format into the Live mail folder.
Emails from Live Mail can be exported to Outlook in PST format.
Open Live Mail once more and follow the steps below –
- Firstly, Email messages > File > Export emails
- Secondly, Click Next after selecting Microsoft Exchange.
- Thirdly, Select Outlook from the Profile Dialog Box.
- Select OK.
- Click OK after selecting the EML folder to export.
The Easiest Method For Converting MBOX To PST
If you’re worried that manually converting MBOX to PST will cause you to make mistakes or that the process will be too difficult, you can use an MBOX to PST Converter.
MBOX to PST Converter Software is Required
MBOX is a generic term that refers to the file format of email messages. More than 20 email client applications, including Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, PocoMail, Entourage, and others, support the MBOX file format. MBOX messages are simply plain text messages that are concatenated and saved in a single MBOX file. Each message in an MBOX file begins with the header information, which consists of five characters beginning with “from,” followed by a space, and finally the sender’s email address. A blank line is added to the MBOX file to distinguish the messages.
With the sixth version of the Unix Operating System, MBOX electronic mail messages were introduced. RFC never standardized email message format, which is why email message format is largely determined by the developer. MBOX files were popular because they were easy to access with text editors and could be read by most email clients.
In conclusion, If you are unsure whether you will be able to manually convert or export Thunderbird MBOX to PST files, it is highly recommended that you use a third-party MBOX to PST converter. Give this blog a thumbs up if you enjoyed what you read, and keep reading Tweak Library for more such updates.
Selective data items (emails, folders, etc.) can be extracted from MBOX to PST and other file formats. All you have to do now is check the boxes next to the data items you want to convert. After scanning the MBOX file, you can see data items for selection. As needed, the software allows for selective email conversion as well as selective file/folder migration.
I think Emaildoctor MBOX to PST Converter tool is a competent program that handles MBOX files really well. Based on its accuracy and performance, I would rate it among the very best email conversion programs.
The full version of the MBOX to PST Converter tool comes packed with strong and viable features. The sheer variety of export formats and powerful preview mechanism itself makes this tool an excellent conversion utility.