Bracelets are a beautiful and classy accessory to wear when you’re attending an event with friends or at a formal occasion. There’s no better feeling than having something on your wrist that you can just slip on without thinking about it. But taking care of your bracelet is also important. It can easily get stained, become damaged, or start to lose its charm.
Bracelets can be made of metal, acrylic, or even plastic, which doesn’t allow them to be cleaned very easily. Every bracelet has to be handled differently. For example, the Pearl gemstone beads bracelet will have to be cleaned differently as compared to the gold and stone bracelet.
Gemstone Beads With Charms Bracelet
Metal jewelry is often the easiest to clean and maintain because it’s made from a solid material. The cleaning process for metals is also fairly simple. The chemicals required for washing metals can also be purchased or soda water also works for cleaning. The main deal is to be careful with the beads. Metal charm can be easily brought back to original shine and gemstones have to be taken care of thoroughly so they don’t get damaged. These bracelets are utterly charming and eye-catching. Anyone can easily find natural gemstone beads in various sizes along with different types of charms for necklaces, earrings, and bracelets through online stores like Dream of Stones. They also have a variety of beading and jewelry-making tools in store.
Wooden Beaded Bracelet
It’s very important to take care of your bracelet, whether it is a pearl gemstone beads bracelet or wooden beads one so that it will last for a long time. There are many things you can do to ensure that your bracelet will last a long time, such as getting yourself a jewelry box and protecting the beads from dust and damage. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your wooden bracelet:
- Paint the beads with clear nail polish, that way the paint won’t rub off on cleaning the bracelet.
- Clean with a soft cloth as it will prevent bleaching or chipping the beads.
- Use an adhesive to secure one side as this will also prevent it from slipping out of your hand while wearing it.
- Use a coat of clear nail polish to protect the wood from stains or spots.
- Brush with a soft toothbrush after the polish is dry to remove any dust but this works better with beads that are not dyed. Naturally colored beads are best to be cleaned every now and then.
Pearl Gemstone Beaded Bracelet
Bracelets that are made of pearl gemstone beads have to be cleaned regularly so as to keep them shining and looking their best. These beads can easily get stained or tarnished, especially when they are exposed to water. Therefore, you should avoid wearing your pearl bracelet in a swimming pool and other moist places, so that it won’t get ruined.
To clean your pearl bracelet, you can use a mild soap and lukewarm water. Rub the cloth gently on the surface of your bracelet to get rid of all stains and dirt. It is advisable not to use metal or bleach, otherwise it will damage your pearl beads. Pearl jewelry should be only confined to occasional wearing. So, store them at a dust free place where the exposure to the elements is the least. Don’t forget to put them back into safe storage when you’re done with the event.
Silver/Gold Beaded Bracelet
Bracelets that are made out of silver or gold, are actually very easy to take care of. The best way to make sure that your bracelet doesn’t crack or scratch is by wearing it all the time. Wearing your bracelet every single day will mean that it doesn’t fall apart, but you have to be careful in order for the colors to last. Jewelry washing solutions are easily available in the market to clean off the gold and silver. However, it’s the stones and beads that are the tricky parts. So, keep the cleaning mild and don’t use too strong chemicals. Don’t keep it dipped into the solution for long durations.
Natural Gemstone Beaded Bracelet
- Natural gemstone bracelet needs to be rinsed with water and dried with a lint-free cloth. Take some time to figure out your natural gemstone’s shape so you can get rid of dust from the threads before cleaning it. It is also important not to wear jewelry when doing this.
- Natural gemstones like Tiger eye gemstone bracelets don’t only need rinsing and cleansing but also aura cleansing and recharging through incense sticks. There are many who believe that natural gemstone beaded jewelry has some metaphysical and healing properties that affect the wearer and those around them. For the gemstones and crystals to work the best and act their power, the stones have to be regularly cleansed and recharged.
- Another important thing is to avoid wearing these bracelets while doing cleaning or other household tasks. There is always a chance that the beaded may get damaged, which would be unfortunate. Also, do not use chemical cleansers or detergents on the beads, especially the dyed ones, to retain their authenticity and beauty.
Bracelets which have several layers of beads are usually composed of a thin string on the inside and a few thick strings on the outside. These bracelets can get damaged easily, especially if you’re wearing them while gardening or any other activity that may make you sweat.
You can clean this type of bracelet by rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth on it. Be sure not to drop your bracelet in water, just spray it with a little bit of alcohol to wipe dirt off it. If you’re using tiger’s eye gemstone beads, make sure to pull off all the strings before cleaning. The knots on these bracelets may get tangled up and if you don’t do it right away, you may lead to the beads breaking.
Finally, it is quite clear by now that taking proper care of your bracelets is what keeps them going for a long time. You can get the beads of your choice at Dream of Stones online store having a variety of different stones and beading equipment.