Summary– In the article, we will provide you in-depth knowledge of the different manual methods and one automated solution to export user Mailbox to PST in Exchange 2016.
Microsoft Exchange is a mail server that works with web-based mail applications such as Outlook on Windows Server Operating systems.
It is been used by different government and private companies to manage their employee’s databases. The MS Exchange uses the EDB file format to store all the mailbox items such as emails, folder attachments, notes, calendars, etc.
However, in the early version of MS Exchange, users can easily create back groups and can have a backup of EDB files. But in MS Exchange Server 2010, these were replaced by the database system.
There are tons of Exchange users and Exchange admin who are looking for a way to take backup of Exchange Database.
Hence in the blog, we are going to talk about the best methods to convert Exchange EDB file to PST format.
Reasons to Export User Mailbox to PST In Exchange 2016
There are several chances where you are unable to access your EDB files –
- Hard Drive failure
- Exchange Server Maintenance
- Jet errors or EDB file corruption
- Virus attack
Top-Rated Methods to Convert Exchange EDB File to PST Format
- Exchange Admin Center
- Best EDB to PST Converter
Export Exchange Mailbox to PST File Using Exchange Admin Center
- To begin with, login into “Exchange Admin Center”.
- Under the permission tab, click on the “add role” and navigate to recipients.
- Snap-on the “+” icon and then click again the “+” icon under the new role tab.
- Select the “Mailbox Import Export” option and on the right side click the “mailboxes” option.
- Then select the “Export to a PST file” option and locate the mailbox.
- The last remaining step is to click on the “Finish” button.
Limitations of the Exchange Admin Center
- Unable to export corrupted mailboxes.
- Any single mistake during the procedure can create problems in the entire method.
- It May not provide satisfactory results.
- Time-consuming and need high technical skills to complete the task.
Method 2: Using the Advanced Software to Convert Exchange EDB File to PST Format
The Exchange Mailbox to PST software is the simple and secure way to supports the conversion process of Public EDB and Private EDB files.
It is recommended by the expert to export user mailbox to PST in Exchange 2016 in bulk. It does not require any technical skills to complete the conversion process.
Compatibility with Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2003, and below versions.
Prime Features of the Software
- The software is capable to export corrupted EDB files to PST format with 100% accuracy.
- It provides you dual-mode scanning options I.e Quick and Advanced Scan.
- It maintains the data folder hierarchy during the process.
- Batch Convert Exchange EDB file to PST format.
Working of the Professional Software
Step-1 Download and install the software to export user mailbox to PST in Exchange 2016.
Step-2 Click on the “Add file” button on the top-left corner.
Step-3 Then a new window will display two options I.e Select file and Search File.
Note- In case you have selected the “select file” option, you can directly insert EDB /STM file by clicking on the “…” icon.
By selecting the “Search File” option you can choose “Search Selected Drive” or “Search all drive” options.
Step-4 Select the “Select file” option and click on the “…” icon to add EDB files.
Step-5 Mark the “Remove Encryption” to decrypt the SMIME/OpenPGP encryption.
Step-6 Click on the Export button and select the PST file format.
Step-7 After completing the task, the software will display the message “Export process complete successfully.”
Final Words on How to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST File ?
In the blog, we have discussed two methods to export EDB files to PST format within few steps. Users can go with both manual as well as an automated method to complete the conversion task. But, in case you have a large amount of Exchange database, we suggest you use an automated method I.e using the advanced software to export user mailbox to PST in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, or below versions.