In any case, you forgot your Outlook PST password or you have lost the password for PST files ? Vip kızlar ve elit bahçelievler escort bayanlara ulaşabilmenin en doğru sitesi. If this is a scenario, then you are on the right page!
MS Outlook is undoubtedly secure and safe. However, the users always seek precaution to protect their Outlook PST data. In order to safeguard their Outlook PST data, the users encrypt them with a password.
There are often chances that the users tend to forget the password. In such a case, without a password, a user cannot access his Outlook PST files.
He can either recall or think of an alternative solution so that he can get access to his Outlook PST files.
In this blog, you will learn the different methods to recover the forgot password of Outlook PST files.
Methods to Recover Outlook PST Files
There are two methods to recover the Outlook PST files:
- Automated Method
- Manual Method
Automated Method: PST Password Remover
Forgot Outlook PST password, Just installs the best Outlook PST file password remover software which helps you to change, unlock, or access password-encrypted PST files.
It is a trusted and reliable solution that recovers the forgot password of Outlook PST files in an easy and simple manner.
The steps to unlock the password-protected Outlook PST files:
- Install and Launch the ‘PST Password Remover’ tool from its official website.
- In the opened window screen, click on ‘Add File(s)’ or ‘Add Folder’.
- Browse for the password-encrypted Outlook PST files followed by the ‘OK’ button.
- The software displays the Outlook PST files along with the status as a locked symbol.
- The status report can be extracted into CSV format just by only clicking on ‘Generate Report’ option.
- You can view the status of the displayed Outlook PST files in the CSV file format. The CSV report depicts the location and the encryption status of the password-protected Outlook PST files.
- You can click on the ‘Remove Password’ button and then unlock the Outlook PST files.
Now, here you have successfully unlocked the Outlook PST files using the most trusted and reliable automated method as the ‘PST Password Remover tool.
The manual method has been categorized into two ways:
- Recovering password by using MS Outlook
- Recover Outlook PST files using scanpst and pst19upg
Recovering password by using MS Outlook
The following are the steps to recover the password by using MS Outlook:
- Open the MS Outlook application.
- Click on the ‘Tool’ tab in the opened Outlook application.
- Click on the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- A dialog box will get opened where you need to click on ‘Data File’ option.
- Choose the desired PST file whose password needs to be cracked.
- Once the PST file is selected then click on ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Change File Password’ option and fill in the required fields.
- Once required details have been filled then a dialogue box for confirmation of password change will appear. Click on ‘OK’ button.
Recover Outlook PST files using scanpst and pst19upg
Scanpst is an inbuilt Outlook tool that you can find under the ‘Program files’ option in the Microsoft Office folder. Pst19upg.exe is an inbuilt free utility tool provided by Microsoft.
The following are the steps to recover the password protected PST files using scanpst and pst19upg in case you forget password:
- Create a backup of PST files before you begin to crack the password from the Outlook PST files.
- Close your Outlook account.
- Locate the scanpst.exe tool from your system via C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\\scanpst.exe
- Open it and click on the ‘Repair’ button.
- Open the Command prompt just by clicking the ‘Windows + R’ key.
- Enter the file path of Outlook PST files in the Command prompt window.
- A copy of the PST file will get created with the name supposing as abc.psx
- Change the name of the newly created copy of the PST file as the Old PST.
- Type exe-newfilename.psx into the Command prompt and then press enter.
Now, you get the Outlook PST files as password-free. You can now easily access the PST files without any worries.
Limitations of Manual Method
- The manual method does not work for Outlook 2003 and the earlier versions
- It is time consuming and lengthy process
- Any human error can lead to loss of data
- Implementation of the wrong steps can lead to data corruption
Final Thoughts on How to Recover Outlook PST Files
In the above blog, a brief on Outlook and the different methods to unlock the files when users forgot Outlook PST passwords have been discussed.
The best-suited method is the trusted professional automated tool as ‘PST Password Remover’ that recovers the forgot password of Outlook PST files with few easy steps.