The UPS is one of the most important and complex components of an independent electrical system. To choose a UPS, you don’t need to know all the details of its operation, but you do need to know some basic features, its advantages, and limitations. First, you need to identify the reasons why you want to buy a UPS. It will be helpful for you to learn about the inverters available. Inverter manufacturers print everything you need to know in their datasheets (usually called specification sheets). Below is a list of factors to consider. You can also search for finding affordable UPS inverter price in Pakistan.
What types of UPS Inverter Price in Pakistan?
1. Pure sine wave
- In Pakistan, Similar to an ordinary power outlet, a UPS provides clean and reliable power from the battery. The output of this UPS, which is identical to that of the grid, has a sinusoidal waveform, which reduces noise during operation and increases the life of the connected equipment.
- Since the appliances are designed to work with this model, it is the best inverter for home use. This system is efficient and does not consume much power if you need to run powerful appliances such as microwaves, TVs and air coolers during power outages.
- If you need to run more than one appliance, a pure sine wave inverter is the best option for your home because it can change the voltage based on power demand. However, they can be a bit expensive.
2. Square wave
These inverters produce a square waveform. Compared with the other two inverters, square wave inverters are cheaper than sine wave inverters. On the other hand, if only small appliances such as a fan, LED lights or universal motors need to be driven, this is the right choice. However, these inverters can be noisy.
How to choose an inverter?
Step 1: Calculate the power you need
- To choose the best inverter for your home, you need to determine the power you need. To do this, you’ll need to identify the devices such as lamps, lights, fans, TVs, cell phone chargers, and Wi-Fi routers that will be plugged in during a power outage.
- You will need to identify the power consumption of each device you want to connect to the UPS and measure the total power consumption. This will determine the wattage required by the UPS. This is the first step in choosing the best inverter for your home.
Step 2: Understand the power requirement
- Under optimal conditions, the total power input should equal the power output of the inverter. However, in an electrical system, the incoming power is barely enough. In residential areas, the power factor, which is the efficiency of the power input, is about 0.7 watts.
- To get the estimated inverter power output in VA, divide the total wattage consumption from step 1 by 0.7. If all units are running at the same time, this is the total load of the UPS. If the exact battery capacity is not available, choose a higher capacity battery.
- Reliable brands like Luminous can help you find the right UPS if you are looking for an easy way to choose the right UPS.
Step 3: Choose the battery size
- After choosing the best UPS, you need to find the right battery size for the UPS to work optimally. The battery size is calculated in Ah.
- Determine how long you want the UPS to provide backup power. For example, if you choose a 600 VA UPS and you want to use it for 4 hours, the corresponding battery size will be 600 * 4 = 2400 VAh
- Since the standard battery capacity of a UPS is 12 V, the battery size is 2400/12 = 200 Ah.
- If the exact battery capacity is not available, choose a battery with a higher capacity, as in the case of an inverter.
- Choosing an inverter is not a difficult task. Determining the location of use, the type of load (equipment), and the maximum power the UPS can handle will help you select the best UPS for your needs. Leading UPS and battery manufacturers offer a wide range of UPS systems for you to choose from. Visit the website or call the toll-free number for expert advice!