Before any technological advances took place, the world was still in a world of analog watches. As the world progressed, technology developed. Watches improved too! Soon, the era of the digital watch began. But, the craze for analog watches never faded. Even today, many branded analog watches are sported as status symbols, especially swiss-made Rolex watches. Lately, just a few years ago, a new type of watch stormed the market. Smartwatches! Just as every other gadget became smarter, watches didn’t shy away from being the aggressor in the race. If you are planning to gift your lovely lady a watch, you can consider gifting a smartwatch. Trust me! She will love it.
In this article, we will find out the top features you should consider before buying a smartwatch for women.
How to Smartly Shop a Smartwatch?
Before we move towards the features, you have to decide the price range. This helps you to shortlist the features and also the range of smartwatches you can plan to buy. Usually, you can break down price ranges for smartwatches (or any other gadget) into three categories, namely, Affordable, Mid-range, and Premium. So, choose between these price ranges, considering your budget.
Features one should consider before buying a Smartwatch:
If you are buying a smartwatch, then it means it should have certain features that give you an edge over any analog or digital watch. Below are some features listed that must be present in your smartwatch.
It is one of the most important features that your smartwatch must have. It helps you in navigation and makes you independent, as you don’t need to pull out your smartphone. Depending upon the smartwatch, you can access either Google Maps or Apple Maps. A few smartwatches are capable of helping in navigation when walking via vibrations. This feature is quite helpful to older adults if they are lost in the neighborhood while roaming. For example, Apple watches use vibrations to tell a person to turn right or left.
Smartphones have made us addicted to apps like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many more. What if, even your smartwatch has the same number of applications? Almost all smartwatches support different apps. In smartwatches, specifically, the Android ones, get access to apps like Lifesum, IFTTT, and Shazam. While in Apple smartwatches you will get additional access to apps like Calcbot, Camera plus, Carrot fit, Evernote, and Citymaper.
It is one of the most popular features of smartwatches. Unlike your smartphone, smartwatches also have access to give notifications. You can easily get your app notification, and if you connect your devices to the smartwatch, then you can receive notifications on your smartwatch itself. Also, you will get notifications on all your social media accounts.
Additional Time-Related Features
It is not just a digital clock that shows the time, it has additional features like a stopwatch and an alarm clock which makes it smarter. These time-related additional features will be useful to smartwatch users for their fitness-related activities.
Calling & Messaging
Amongst the top features, this feature ranks just after GPS and Notification features in terms of popularity. Whether you are physically far from your phone or busy, this feature maintains your calling and messaging services right from your hand.
Health and wellness
It is another popular set of features utilized by a lot of smartwatch users. They implicate features such as Heart rate monitors, Pedometers, Physical activity trackers, Blood pressure monitors along with sleep monitors.
Top 5 Smartwatches for Women:
Here are the top 5 smartwatches for women as described & according to the features that are mentioned above. So, we are providing you with the list of the top 5 smartwatches for women. Check out these affordable smartwatches.
Pebble Pace Smartwatch
This classy and affordable watch comes with above mentioned all features along with some amazing features.
- 1.4 inch LCD full touchscreen display size.
- Oxygen level monitors.
- Sleep tracker.
- 150 mAH power with 10 days of battery life.
- With Bluetooth 5.0
Price – INR 2,999.
- It has average display quality.
Noise Colorfit Pro – 2
It is the second generation smartwatch that contains all the features mentioned below. The features are as follows:
- Available in different colors.
- Size of screen 1.3
- Supports both Android & iOS systems.
- Contains 9 sports modes (walk, run, hike, bike, treadmill, workout, climb, spin & yoga.
- Can control music playback.
- 1-year warranty.
- Also, it tracks women’s menstrual cycle and includes breath mode.
Price – INR 3499
- It has a few disadvantages because of its connectivity issues, slow touch touchscreen, and average display.
Amazfit Bip U smartwatch
It comes with amazing features that are listed below:
- 1.43 inches large HD screen.
- 60 plus sport modes.
- PAITM health assessment system.
- According to your dress and mood, there are customized 50 available watch faces.
- 9 days of battery life for normal use and 5 days of battery life for heavy usage.
Price – INR 3,999
- It doesn’t have a super AMOLED display, and it misses the always-on display feature.
Amazfit GTS 2 mini smartwatch
Amazingly, this smartwatch has all features that a women’s smartwatch must have. Along with the above-mentioned features this smartwatch also contains some amazing features such as,
- 70 + sports modes, SO2 measurement, female tracking cycle, online voice assistant, and heart rate monitoring.
- 5 ATM water resistivity.
- Especially it records sleep, menstrual cycle, and stress level.
- Measures oxygen level in blood.
- 220mAh battery that lasts up to 14 days on a single charge.
Price – INR 6,999.
- Just because of its high price, you may have second thoughts about it. Else, it is surely one of the best smartwatches. It has terrific features that make it a good option for gifting if you can afford it.
Honor Watch ES
This watch comes with the features that are listed below:
- 1.64-inch screen size.
- Amoled display.
- 95 workout modes in which 10 are professional working modes and 85 are customized.
- Measures Oxygen saturation levels in blood with a SpO2 monitor.
- Include a Breathing app that helps the mind to stay calm.
- Great built quality.
- Comes with 8 days battery life which supports fast charging.
Price – INR 7,999.
- It doesn’t have a GPS tracking system, and with that con, it is also not compatible with iOS. Paying such a hefty price, these features are least expected.
Smartwatches are excellent accessories and one of the most popular things in the wearable market. According to your budget, comfort, and compatibility choose the right smartwatch for your loved ones. If you are a fitness lover, then smartwatches would be your best choice to track your all workout routines and help you to stay fit.
Many smartwatches are available in the market with different features and designs, then there are tech companies like Apple and Samsung working hard to make smartwatches more comfortable to users. If you use one of these watches you will never give awful reviews for those watches.