Do you use an HP printer regularly but now your HP printer is showing “HP Printer in error state”? Do not panic, if you will go through the complete article you will get a complete explanation of why this problem occurs and how you can fix it. Beneath we will be providing you the ways to get rid of this error state.
Ways to Fix the Error State of HP Printer –
Check the online status of the Printer
- You have to first visit the search bar on the windows to fix the printer status error.
- After opening Windows the users have to open the “run” dialog box, where you have to enter and
- search “Control panel” in the search box.
- Now, you have to navigate the option “Devices and Printers”, once you find it select the option.
- Now, a printer list will be displayed in front of you, where you have to search for your HP printer and then right-click on it.
- After clicking on the HP printer you have to uncheck the box “Use printer offline”.
Set the mode of the printer
- If you are wondering why my printer says error then, it could be because your printer is not in default Mode.
- For this, you first have to first click on the menu of your Windows.
- After you are on the windows you have to type “Run” to further open the dialog box.
- Now, similar to the above steps type “Control Panel” before hitting the ok button.
- When you are on the Control Panel you will have to select the option saying Device and Printers.
- Now, locate and select your HP printer by right-clicking on it.
- After that, select the “Set as Default Printer” option from the list that is in front of you.
- You will now see a green checkmark on the HP printer icon of your screen, which is a signal that shows that your printer is set as default now.
Check the spooler settings of your Printer.
- If your printer is in an error state HP, then you should be sure about your Spooler services.
- To check the settings you first have to visit the search bar and go for the “Run” dialog box and fill up services.msc in the bar.
- Now, you have to look for the spooler option on the windows and also have to know whether it is running or not.
- Double click on the box that shows to set up for Automatic mode.
- To apply the changes you made, click on the Apply option.
- Now, you have to look for Restart the service option, in the First Failure option which will be there under the Recovery tab. Once you find it; hit the Apply button to save it. This will solve your problem.
To end this article, let me tell you that as the HP printer is in an error state it can occur due to various other reasons as well; it is also suggested by many that you can easily solve this error with the help of the HP help center.
To get more information regarding the HP printer or issues related to it, you should visit the website pinteralign.com.